Now Hiring: Freelance Front-End Developer
We are currently seeking a freelance front-end web developer. This person should have a demonstrated history of delivering pixel-perfect product. The work ranges from spot fixes on existing projects to collaborating on web sites from wireframe through launch. As a freelancer, this person can work off-site or on-site at their discretion, but we need someone local to Seattle who can come in to the office if needed.
- Receive a series of PSDs for a site layout and turnaround pixel-perfect, responsive, tested code integrated into a CMS (Wordpress, Magento, or if we’re mad at you, Drupal)
- Problem solve existing display or functional problems within an operating site
- Work in an organized manner via email or a project tracker like Basecamp
- Make technology recommendations when there’s a better way to do something
- Communicate openly about availability and turnaround time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years experience as a professional front-end web developer
- Ability to work in a team environment, from making pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements to integrating code with the back-end development team
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop; able to cutup comps from the design team
- Create HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Master of WordPress and Magento theme creation
- Master of PHP as it relates to front-end development and presentation
- Experience using git for version management
- Knowledge of search engine optimization basics
- Knowledge of client-side visualization libraries (highcharts, D3, etc.) a big plus
- Experience with server-side development a plus (node.js, Ruby, Java/Scala)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A few references we can call to assure us you're not one of those “crazy” developers.
DeLapp Design is a small but mighty design company anchored in the heart of Pioneer Square’s tech and startup community. Our clients range from nationally recognized brands like Microsoft, University of Washington, and the Environmental Defense Fund to bootstrapped, local non-profits. We provide web, UX, and visual design services for the delivery of web sites, mobile and kiosk applications, brand identity packages, and publications.
We’re in our third year and the team is growing. We are seeking ambitious, creative, fun people who sweat the small stuff and appreciate a quality product. Love music? That’s a plus. Think you’d be kick-ass at helping curate the office playlist? You’re already halfway hired.
Please no calls. Please send your portfolio, pay requirements, and a pithy cover letter to email@example.com
. Please include at least one haiku. We will also accept a limerick.